Attorney Daniel Jones
Daniel’s practice areas include personal injury, debt collections, criminal defense, and appellate work. Daniel has extensive experience as a litigator in the courts of Mississippi, having previously served as the District Attorney for the 13th Circuit Court, Simpson County Public Defender, Simpson County School Board Attorney, Town Attorney for New Hebron, City Prosecutor for Prentiss, collections attorney for numerous banks, and has represented people from all walks of life. He is licensed to practice law in all courts in the State of Mississippi, Northern and Southern Federal District Courts, and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Why Daniel is Passionate About Helping Injury Victims
On December 26, 1999, at approximately 7:00 p.m., Daniel’s life changed forever. His father, brother and Daniel were riding along Hwy 28 west of Pinola, MS; Daniel’s brother who was driving slowed the truck to crawl, for they had all seen the deer crossing the highway. Unfortunately for them, the oncoming car did not slow down and struck a buck deer that was thrown onto the cab of their truck. At that moment, Daniel’s father was knocked into a coma, with every bone in his upper face broken. That coma would last until Daniel’s father awoke on January 13, 2000 at UMMC. Daniel’s brother had every bone in his face broken as well, and would require surgery where metal plates replaced his bones. Daniel was left battered and bruised having seen more than he ever wanted to see. Daniel’s father spent about three months in UMMC and Methodist Rehabilitation in Jackson, MS. Daniel’s brother was off from work healing from his injuries for four weeks. The insurance company sought to deny coverage, citing an “act of God,” and this is where the seed was planted for Daniel to help those who cannot help themselves. Daniel has been there just like you, helpless, needing for someone to step up and come to his aid. That is why Daniel has a strong desire to help those that have been injured through no fault of their own.
Daniel Jones was born and raised in Mendenhall, MS. He is married to the former Linda Russell from Shivers, MS. They reside in Madison, MS and attend Broadmoor Baptist Church.
- Car Wrecks
- Slip and Falls
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Wrongful Death
- 18-wheeler Accidents
- Criminal Defense
- Social Security Disability
- Mississippi Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Mississippi
- All State Circuit, County, and Chancery Courts in Mississippi
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Juris Doctor – The University of Mississippi School of Law – 2000
- Master of Arts – The University of Southern Mississippi – 1997
- Bachelor of Arts – The University of Southern Mississippi – 1996 University Honors College, magna cum laude
- Studied at the University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, 1995
- Studied at the University of London, London, England, 1994
In 1996, Daniel earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in political science and minoring in philosophy, from the University Honors College at the University of Southern Mississippi, and in 1997, a Master of Arts degree in political science from the Graduate School at the University of Southern Mississippi. While at the University of Southern Mississippi he studied in London, England and Edinburgh, Scotland. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Mississippi in 2000.
- Former Board of Directors, Mississippi Prosecutor’s Association
- Former Member, First Baptist Church Choir- Mendenhall
- Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Former Member, Mississippi Bar Seminars Committee
- Judge in Mendenhall High School Mock Trial Seminar