Catastrophic or serious injuries include the following:
- Head or brain injuries
- Loss of hearing or sight
- Neck or spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Serious burn injuries
- Damage to internal organs
- Dismemberment of the body
Serious accidents & catastrophic injuries occur far too often in Mississippi and Alabama. These types of accidents can be devastating and cause long term or permanent injuries to the people involved. You can never predict when a serious accident or catastrophic injury may occur. Some motor vehicle wrecks are so severe that the driver or passengers may be paralyzed or killed. When someone is killed due to the negligence of another person or business, it is called a wrongful death claim. Some injuries are so extensive that they can affect a person for the rest of their lives. These types of injuries often require a lot of medical treatment, including future medical treatment and long term care for the individual.
How are catastrophic injuries caused?
Serious accidents and catastrophic injuries can occur from many sources such as:
- An 18-wheeler collision
- A car wreck
- A motorcycle crash
- A collision at a train crossing
- Equipment failure or malfunctions
- On the job injuries
- Defective machinery
- Medical malpractice
Our catastrophic injury attorneys understand the specific challenges that these types of injuries can require, and we can help you every step of the way to get the proper recovery for your damages.
We have skilled and dedicated catastrophic injury attorneys who can help you get your legal affairs in order. Time is always important in legal matters, and the sooner you speak to an attorney the sooner we can get started gathering the facts and evidence surrounding your claim.
These catastrophic injuries often affect family members as well as the victim. You may be entitled to recover damages for:
These injuries can occur at work or in the public with little or no warning due to the negligent conduct of someone else.
- medical costs
- lost wages
- pain and suffering
- other related expenses
A closed head injury, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain damage, serious burns, as well as amputations are some examples of catastrophic injuries. These types of injuries often last a lifetime. Often times, serious accidents & catastrophic injury are caused by big business putting profits over safety.
What type of treatment is needed for a Catastrophic Injury?
Depending on the exact type of injury suffered, a client may need cognitive therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, doctor visits, bed changing, diapers, catheters, around the clock 24-hour care, special equipment such as a wheelchair, ramps, vans, customized bathrooms, and expensive medications for the rest of their life.
Experts are needed to evaluate serious accidents and catastrophic injuries.
The type of Experts needed depends on the type of serious or catastrophic injuries the client suffered. Often, several different types of Experts are needed to prove who was at fault and how much money the client is entitles to, such as:
– they go and investigate the scene of the accident, the vehicles or machinery involved, and help determine the cause of the accident and who was at fault.
– they determine in dollars the cost of future care the injured person will need. They help determine the amount of future loss wages (loss earning capacity) the client would have earned over their lifetime.
– they examine the defective product of machinery involved in the accident and explain what went wrong and why.
Vocational Rehabilitation Experts
– they help get the clients back to work if at all possible. They help determine what types of jobs the injured person may be able to do. They determine what type of physical therapy and future medical treatment and care the person will need.
Life Care Planner
– they work with the doctors to formulate a detailed plan by putting together a full list of what a person that suffers a catastrophic injury will need in the future. They help determine the future medical treatment, medications, and any specialized equipment needed. Based on this, they can provide an Economist with an accurate cost for the future care.
– Depending on the type of injury, a client may need to see a General Practitioner, Neurologist, Orthopedist, Psychologist or Psychiatrist, Physical Therapist, and/or a Chiropractor.
Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Represent Injury Clients
Are you getting all the money you deserve for your Serious Accidents & Catastrophic Injury case?
When you suffer a serious injury, you need a good catastrophic injury attorney on your side who will work to get you every penny you deserve
. If you or a loved one have been involved in a catastrophic accident or you have questions, call Pepper & Odom Law Firm
now and speak with one of our catastrophic accident attorneys. We offer hospital and home visits for your convenience.
In Mississippi call 601-202-1111 or in Alabama call 888-498-4516 or use the ‘Free Case Consultation’ form on the website below.
Pepper & Odom law firm offices represent serious injury & catastrophic injury clients from our offices in Ridgeland, MS and Birmingham, AL.
For more information on Catastrophic Brain Injuries click here.