Birmingham Car Wreck Lawyer
The city of Birmingham, AL is the home of Pepper & Odom Personal Injury law firm’s Alabama office.
Birmingham is the largest city in Alabama with a population of 212,000 and growing. Named after Birmingham, England, it is a creation of the post Civil War reconstruction period and grew into a industrial and transportation hub in Alabama.
Birmingham has deep ties to the railroad and steel production industry. Presently Birmingham is a hub for the banking and medical industry. Birmingham is the location of the University of Alabama School of Medicine, University of Alabama School of Dentistry, and other major colleges of medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, law, engineering, and nursing.
Birmingham and the Surrounding Cities
Pepper & Odom Law Firm Represents Clients in Birmingham is surrounded and the surround Cities:
- Pleasant Grove
- Mountian Brook
- Center Point
Our Birmingham Car Accident Lawyers Help Injury Victims Statewide.
In Alabama, Birmingham is the cultural and entertainment capital. Birmingham offers many restaurants, theaters, concert halls, exhibition halls, and a huge sports following for Alabama football. Birmingham has several museums including the Birmingham Museum of Art and the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. For more information about Birmingham visit the City’s website.
Why We Love Birmingham
Birmingham has a thriving business and legal community. The City of Birmingham promotes the motto “United – For the Good of the City.”
Pepper & Odom, P.C. Law Firm and our Alabama Car Wreck Lawyers are proud to be a part of Birmingham. We represent clients who have been injured due to:
- someone’s negligent conduct
- a car wrecks
- a 18-wheeler accidents
- on-the-job accidents
- dangerous or defective products
- bad drugs
- nursing home abuse
- social security disability (SSD)
- slip and falls
If you are injured in a Car Wreck, call Pepper & Odom Law Firm today to speak to one of our Car Accident Lawyers for a free consultation at 205-250-1107. If we don’t get you a settlement – you don’t owe us any Attorney fees!
Dangers of Driving in Alabama
Alabama’s vehicle fatality rates are among the worst in the nation. In fact, the Alabama Department of Transportation has concluded that people in Alabama are twice as likely to die in a car crash than the average American.
According to a study conducted by the University of Alabama, fatal traffic crashes rose in the state by nearly 25% in 2016 from 2015. The findings also revealed that the primary contributors to the increase in traffic deaths were due to speeding, not wearing a safety belt, and distracted driving. Unfortunately, Jefferson County, the most populous county in Alabama is prone to the most serious and deadly car accidents in the state.
The most dangerous highways and interstates in the area includes
- Highway 31
- Highway 280
- Interstate 459
- Interstate 65
- Interstate 20/50 at Arkadelphia Road
How Do I Know if I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Car accident claims are the most common types of personal injury claims in Birmingham, AL. Getting into a car accident can be a horrific and traumatizing event. This is true whether you’re the driver, passenger or pedestrian. If the injuries you sustained in a car crash occurred as a result of another driver’s negligence or reckless disregard for your safety, you may be able to take legal action and bring a personal injury claim against the at-fault party’s insurance company and recover compensation.
- Current and Future Medical Expenses (medical services such as doctors, hospital stays, emergency room treatment, ambulance fees, physical therapy)
- Lost Wages
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent Disability
- Funeral and burial costs
A wide range of factors impact the amount of financial recovery you may receive including the nature and extent of your injuries, the amount and length of medical treatment, economic hardship or financial loss, decreased earning potential, and physical impairment and/or disfigurement.
In Alabama, you are given two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury claim.
However, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to preserve crucial evidence or to locate witnesses who may can remember the details of what happened.
Negligent Driving Behaviors
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Distracted Driving (talking or texting on a cell phone, eating, etc.)
- Changing lanes too quickly
- Failing to abide by traffic signs or signals (running red lights or stop signs)
- Weather conditions (ice, snow, fog)
- Fatigued driving
Road and Highway Defects
- Design defects in road
- Defective road Construction
- Defective Design or the roadway
- Improper safety precautions on construction sites in highways
Potential Liable Parties
- Another driver/s whose negligent or reckless driving caused the accident and injuries or death
- Car manufacturer whose defective products/car parts contributed to the accident and caused subsequent injuries or death
- City planners, construction crews, city of Birmingham or the state of California for roadway design defects, improper maintenance or failure to properly install warning signs or safety equipment
Types of Car Wrecks
- Rear-end Collisions
- Head-on Collisions
- Multiple Vehicle Collisions
- Automotive Defects / Product Liability
Most Common Injuries in a Motor Vehicle Collision
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal Bleeding
Benefits of Hiring Pepper & Odom to Handle Your Personal Injury Case
There’s never a way to prepare for something as unexpected as a car crash. In just seconds, your whole world can be turned upside down. You may be facing high medical bills, vehicle repair bills, a loss of wages from the inability to work for an extended period of time and other other out-of-pocket expenses.
At Pepper & Odom, we understand the extraordinary physical, emotional, and financial hardships accident victims face. It’s especially devastating when the accident could have been prevented. When you reach out to us for help, your recovery becomes our priority. Our personal injury attorneys treat clients with compassion and respect and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you need and deserve. Our process involves conducting our own investigation and gathering the evidence to build a strong claim on your behalf.
We will notify the at-fault party’s insurance company of your intent to pursue compensation and identify the amounts of insurance coverage available. The good news is, most personal injury claims are settled through negotiation before ending up in trial. However, we will always be prepared to fight for you in the courtroom if necessary.
Here are just some of the ways we act as your advocate
- Help you get the medical treatment you need to heal and recover
- Help you find a vehicle repair shop
- Ensure you meet the necessary deadlines for filing a personal injury claim
- Prepare and submit claim and supporting documentation
- Carefully review the Birmingham Police Department accident report and interview witnesses
- Conduct independent investigation which may involve recruiting outside experts to reconstruct the crash
- Handle all communications with insurance company including negotiating a fair and reasonable settlement
- Litigate in court if settlement offer is not satisfactory or the claim is denied
- Calculate the true value of your claim by looking at all relevant factors and consulting with your physician to get accurate prognosis of the long-term effect of your injuries to ensure you will be financially taken care of for the foreseeable future.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Birmingham
If you were involved in an auto accident in Birmingham, AL, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights.
Notify The Authorities/Seek Prompt Medical Attention
If you or anyone else has been hurt, call 911 to have emergency medical personnel dispatched to the scene. It’s also important to call local law enforcement and report the accident. Do not allow the other party to try and talk you out of contacting the police. If it is determined that you do not need to be taken in an ambulance to the Emergency Room, it’s still vitally important that you find the time to be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible following the accident. This can be at an urgent care or with your primary physician.
Often after a traumatic experience like a car accident, shock and adrenaline can mask serious injury. The only way to truly determine if you are ok is to be seen by a doctor. The longer you wait to seek medical attention, you put not only your health at risk but it becomes more difficult to prove in a later claim that your injuries were directly related to the accident. Make sure to describe all of your symptoms, aches and pains so that there will be a substantiated medical record.
Collect Contact Information
If you are able to remain on the scene, gather the contact information of the driver including his/her name, address, and phone number and/or email (take a picture of their photo ID or driver’s license for your records). Write down and/or take a picture of their insurance card and license plate. Also get the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses whose testimony may prove helpful in support of your claim.
File Claim with Your Insurance company
Notify your insurance agent that you have been in an auto accident and want to open a claim. Only relay the facts of the accident.
It’s important to document the accident to the best of your ability. Take pictures of the damage done to vehicles from every angle as well as the surrounding street conditions and road debris. Photograph your injuries. Write notes detailing everything that happened.
- save medical bills, receipts of payment
- repair invoices, estimates for repairs
- keep contact information, such as business cards, for each doctor, physical therapist or healthcare provider that you see
- document your lost wages, save pay stubs
- save medication bottles, casts, braces, and other items that you receive from your healthcare provider
Avoid These Costly Mistakes When Making a Personal Injury Claim
- Do not admit fault for the accident to police, eyewitnesses, or the insurance companies
- Do not consent to giving a recorded statement to the insurance company. Insurance adjusters are trained negotiators who know how to get you to say something that may result in the insurance company paying you less money than you deserve or no money at all.
- Do not sign any medical releases or waivers which would give the at-fault’s insurer access to your medical records
- Do not accept the first settlement offer from an insurance adjuster without talking to an attorney. This offer most likely does not represent the true value of your claim as the extent of your injuries may not even be known yet.
- Do not talk about the accident or your injuries on social media
- Do not skip medical appointments
Liability and Contributory Negligence
Proving that someone else is liable for your accident and subsequent injuries is the core element needed to recover compensation. The police report, eyewitness testimony, medical expert opinions and other evidence can be used to establish liability. This isn’t always so easy however. Accident victims in Alabama face challenges due to a legal doctrine called contributory negligence. This means that if you were partially at fault for your accident — even just 1%, you would not be able to recover damages. Securing representation from a personal injury lawyer at Pepper & Odom can greatly increase your chances at overcoming this uphill battle.
Birmingham Car Accident Attorneys for Injury Compensation:
The Pepper & Odom injury lawyers understand that a car accident is a very traumatic event and can turn your life upside down.
Attorney Chris Odom is a premier Birmingham Car Accident Lawyer who has helped many car wreck clients get the legal help they need and the maximum recovery possible for their injuries.
We employ private investigators, paralegals, and a well-trained staff to assist your Birmingham car accident lawyer in fully investigating and preparing your case.
Birmingham Car Accident Lawyers | How We Are Different
Here, your attorney will use state-of-the-art case management software to give your case the individual attention you deserve. Each lawyer at Pepper & Odom Law Firm is dedicated to making sure you get every penny you deserve for your damages. When you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important that you contact a car wreck lawyer in MS that you can trust.
We take a team approach to legal matters, and our clients and their families are part of that team.
Your attorney will assist you with every aspect of your case including:
- helping you find a body shop to repair your car, truck, or SUV
- getting you proper medical treatment
- finding the right general doctor, chiropractor, or specialist for you
We have a preferred medical provider list of doctors we have worked with before and trust to handle all your medical treatment needs.
Birmingham Car Accident Lawyer | Contact Us
Are we the right law firm for you? Contact a Birmingham car accident lawyer today for a free case evaluation.
Injury Lawyers Mississippi & Alabama
Pepper and Odom, P.C. law firm – Save Our Number In Your Phone Now 601-202-1111 Jackson, MS or 205-250-1107 Birmingham, AL