Your Salary

Your Salary

Your yearly salary can affect the amount of money you recover from a personal injury. The more money you make the bigger your potential reward. If you are not able to work and earn income as a result of a personal injury, then you likely have a claim for lost wages.

Lost wages include the income you lost because of your inability to work and the times you missed due to treatment for your injury. For instance, if you sustain a broken leg due to no fault of your own and you are unable to work for 12 months then you could be entitled to 12 months’ worth of wages.

With that same scenario if you make $100,000 a month then you are entitled to $1,200,000 in lost wages. Likewise, if you make $1,500 a month then you would be entitled to $18,000.

It is important that you document your lost wages. Have your supervisors or a higher up write a letter indicating the number days you were not at work after your personal injury. The letter should also include your job title, the number of hours you normally work, and your rate of pay. Of course if you are on a salary then list your annual salary.


How do you prove your salary?

Your personal income tax returns for the previous year would also serve as great evidence for your lost wages claim. In fact, providing your W-2(s) or your tax returns from the previous year would be one of the easiest ways to show evidence of your lost wages.

Merely submitting your pay stubs will not be sufficient to make a lost wages claim. This process takes some complex calculation and involves particular legal knowledge to be done correctly. If you think you have lost wages due to a personal injury it important that you seek the advice of an experienced attorney. 

Pepper and Odom Law firm represents victims that have suffered all types of injuries as a result of a personal injury. Our personal injury Attorneys have the experience to help during these very difficult times. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury by a governmental actor, and you want Attorneys with experience in handling this type of case, contact one of our Injury Lawyers today at 601-202-1111 in Mississippi or 205-250-1107 in Alabama.

Click 30 Things That Affect Your personal Injury Claim to return.

Pepper & Odom Injury Lawyers

460 Briarwood Dr. Suite 420

Jackson, MS 39206