Do you have lost wages?

Do you have lost wages?

If you are not able to work and earn income as a result of a personal injury, then you likely have a claim for lost wages. Lost wages include the income you lost because of your inability to work. Lost wages also include time you missed due to treatment for your injury. For example, if you sustain a broken leg due to no fault of your own and are unable to work for four months, then you could be entitled to four months’ worth of wages.

Personal Injury Case Evaluation Factors

It is not as easy as saying “I was not able to work for four months so I should be compensated for my lost wages.” A statement from a doctor is essential. It should contain the following:

  • Identify the injuries you sustained as a result of the accident.
  • Indicate the treatment you have to undergo.
  • Indicate an approximate recovery time.  You doctor should indicate that you are unable to work or you need time off of work to recover due to the injuries you sustained.

It is important that you document your lost wages. Have your supervisors or a higher up write a letter indicating the number days you were not at work after your personal injury. The letter should also include your job title, the number of hours you normally work, and your rate of pay.

Your personal income tax returns for the previous year would also serve as great evidence for your lost wages claim. Providing your W-2(s) or your tax returns from the previous year would be one of the easiest ways to show evidence of your lost wages.

Are you self-employed or a business owner?

If you are self-employed or a business owner, then it would be best for you to provide your accounts receivable or checks you received for services you rendered.  You can also provide tax returns as well.

Call us NOW!

Pepper and Odom Law firm represents victims that have lost wages due to personal injuries. Our personal injury Attorneys are here to help during these very difficult times. If you or a loved one has lost wages in a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact one of our injury Lawyers today at 601-202-1111 in Mississippi or 205-250-1107 in Alabama.

Click 30 Things That Affect Your personal Injury Claim to return.

Pepper & Odom Injury Lawyers

460 Briarwood Dr Ste 420

Jackson, MS 39206