Did you have or need surgery?
If you have been involved in a personal injury and you need surgery as a result, then it is possible that your reward will increase. In most cases the more severe your injury, the more expensive your medical bills. There is also the possibility of you incurring more lost wages as a result of needing surgery.
Below is a list of some injuries that my require a surgical procedure
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Injuries to the back are typical when involved in car accidents. A lot of back injuries result in vertebrae and disc being knocked out of place. If you have a bulging or herniated disc it will likely require surgery. You will also likely need months of physical of therapy. Back and spinal cord surgery can be very expensive.
- Brain Injuries
- A brain injury can certainly be life altering. Head traumas can range from being mild to very severe. A mild head trauma can have mild symptoms that last only a few weeks. A more severe head trauma could lead to long-term medical disabilities that could require round the clock medical attention.
- Knee Injuries
- Sustaining a knee injury can not only be painful but very expensive. A knee injury could require a lot of painful surgery and physical therapy.
- Shoulder Injuries
- A shoulder injury can involve issues with the muscles, tendons, ligaments and the bones. Like a knee injury, a shoulder injury can be very painful. Repairing a shoulder injury could require surgery and physical therapy as well.
- Internal Injuries
- If you sustained an internal injury like, a punctured organ, crushed lung, or any sort of internal bleeding then you definitely needed surgery. The cost of an internal injury surgery could be absolutely astronomical in cost.
- Fractures or Broken Bones
- The cost and recovery period of having a broken bone can depend on a couple of things. What bone is broken? How badly is the bone broken? The answers to these questions can determine the amount of surgery you would need to repair the injury.
What if you need surgery but haven't gotten it yet?
If you have not had surgery and your doctor has documented that you will eventually need surgery this can add value to your claim. There are some cases in which a person who has been involved in a personal injury will need multiple surgeries. This too will be taken into consideration when filing your personal injury claim.
Pepper and Odom Law firm represents victims of personal injury that have or will have to undergo a surgical procedure. Our Attorneys are dedicated to making sure you get the best results for your personal injury claim. Our personal injury Attorneys are here to help during these very difficult times. If you or a loved one are a victim of personal injury because of someone else’s negligence, contact one of our injury Lawyers today at 601-202-1111 in Mississippi or 205-250-1107 in Alabama.
Click 30 Things That Affect Your Personal Injury Claim to return.
460 Briarwood Dr Ste 420
Jackson, MS 39206