Do you have enough Insurance on your vehicle?

Do you have enough Insurance Coverage?

It is estimated that as many as 1/3 of all drivers in Mississippi do not have liability insurance in place. That means that if you pull up to a red light and there is a car on your right and one on your left – chances are that one of them has no insurance. Although Mississippi state law requires minimum coverage, sometimes people just can’t afford the cost of insurance and drive anyway. Other times, they simply let it expire and therefore still have an insurance card with them to show the police if they get stopped. In order to protect yourself and family, you should have Uninsured Motorist “UM” coverage on your policy. UM coverage protects you when someone else is at fault for a wreck and they have no insurance or not enough insurance to cover your losses.

Suggested Minimum Amount of Vehicle Insurance Coverage

The State minimum required Liability Limits in Mississippi are $25,000 per person and $50,000 per policy. However, it is always recommended to add addition coverage by raising your limits to at least $100,000 per persona and $300,000 per policy. You should also make sure that you have the same limits of Uninsured/Under-Insured limits on your policy.

In Mississippi, you can waive UM/UIM coverage but it is strongly advised not to do so.In fact, you have to sign a specific Waiver when purchasing you insurance policy to do so by State Law.

Additional Vehicle Insurance Coverage

You can also add additional coverage called Med-Pay coverage which is no-fault coverage for extra protection which will be used to pay medical bills incurred from a Motor Vehicle Collision. In some other states it is called Personal Injury Protection or “PIP” coverage, but it is basically the same thing.

If you have not looked at your Automobile Insurance Policy within the last year, we encourage you to do so. First, you could be overpaying for coverage and you would benefit from shopping different insurance companies for prices. Secondly, you may not have enough coverage to protect yourself.

If you are involved in a car wreck, 18-wheeler accident, motorcycle crash, or any other type of motor vehicle collision and suffer bodily injuries, call an experienced and dedicated Personal Injury Attorney and we can help answer any questions you may have. You don’t pay any Attorney Fees unless we collect for you.

Pepper & Odom Injury Lawyers
460 Briarwood Dr Ste 420
Jackson, MS 39206